Info for Paddlers
Join us for the 5th Annual Canoe the Credit
TEAM CHALLENGE & FAMILY FUN PADDLE
Sunday, June 24th, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Mississauga Canoe Club, 31 Front St. North, Port Credit, ON.
Please join the Credit Valley Conservation Foundation and title sponsor, George Weston Ltd. as teams of 8 paddlers race to the finish line in North Canoes and families enjoy a leisurely paddle at the mouth of the Credit River at Lake Ontario.
Event features include:
- The TEAM CHALLENGE race in North Canoes
- FAMILY FUN PADDLE a leisurely paddle at the mouth of the Credit River at Lake Ontario. Bring your own boat or use one of the boats donated by The Compete Paddler
- Conservation displays and paddling demos
- Children’s activities including a bouncy castle and face painting
- BBQ and other refreshments
Proceeds from Canoe the Credit support Credit Valley Conservation's, Conservation Youth Corps Program (CYC).
The race will take place rain or shine, so please come prepared for those conditions.
Important Safety Info
- At least one paddler in the boat should be experienced. Helmets are not required but are recommended.
- If the day is sunny, please bring sunscreen, a sun hat and a sweater or jacket. If it rains, please wear warm clothes and a waterproof jacket, pants, hat, boots and gloves. Be sure to bring a set of dry clothes, sealed in plastic and secured in your canoe. You will appreciate this if you tip!
- PRIOR to launching, a waiver and a registration form must be completed by each person in the canoe on the day of the event.
- Life jackets will be provided to each member of the team.
- Families and individuals must provide their own life jackets and safety equipment.