Info for Paddlers
Pledges & Prizes
Pledges & Prizes
Every paddler in the Team Challenge will receive an official Canoe the Credit t-shirt & water bottle (while quantities last)
Team Challenge Prizes:
Team Trophy and Individual medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Raise at least $100 in pledges and be eligible to win great prizes! Details coming soon!
Paddlers are encouraged to go the extra kilometre! Ask friends, co-workers and family to support your efforts with their pledges. Raise at least $100 and be eligible to win great prizes!
Download a Pledge Form
Download a pledge form and print off copies. Ask people to sponsor you for participating in this event; collect their pledges in advance to the event, and bring your pledge sheets and money collected to the registration desk the day of the event. Official income tax receipts will be issued to your sponsors for donations of $10 or more that provide full and legible contact info.
Tips on how to collect pledges
- Let people know that you're taking part in the Canoe the Credit event - post a flyer (we'll supply one) on your office door, in the cafeteria, or any public place.
- Do people at work ask you a million questions throughout the day? Put a cup on your desk and charge people a loonie for an answer - donate the proceeds to Canoe the Credit
- Send an email to friends and colleagues, telling them about Canoe the Credit. Ask them to join you on the route, or to sponsor you.
- Do you work out at a gym? Sign up your work-out buddies as sponsors.
- Take your pledge sheet to a conference, workshop or other professional event; tell people about CVCF and Canoe the Credit
- Remind people that they don't have to give a lot - the change in their pockets will be a good start.
- Have you bought fundraising chocolate bars, cookie dough, magazine subscriptions, and other goodies from friends, colleagues and neighbours? Payback time!